Luis Urrea entertains at Literary EventDecember 9, 2015
Refugee-turned-scholar now helping others through children’s resource centerMay 20, 2016
Our summer program will run Tuesday-Thursday, June 14-July 29. Academic time will be from 8:40am-11am and free choice time is scheduled for 11am-12pm. Field trips (to be determined) will also be included. And the ever popular Victory Sports Camp will take place July 25-29, 9am-11:30am. We anticipate that we will serve 90 children. 50 of these children will be bussed to Lincoln from the Churchill School area.
We will need lots of volunteers! Some of the opportunities available are:
- Classroom Volunteers – 15-20 per day from 8:40am-11am *Must be 16 years old to be a classroom volunteer.
- One on One Volunteers – 5-7 per day from 8:40am-11am
- Free Choice Volunteers – Help supervise the children during free choice time,11am-12pm. *Must be 13 years old.
- Enrichment Activities/Sports – Help needed to oversee or assist with special projects such as gardening, art projects, etc. during free time from 11am-12pm.
- In addition, we are looking for 7-9 interns to assist with planning and supervising the program. *Must be college students or college graduates.
- Finally, there will be a couple of paid positions available with preference given to those who can stay on for the 2016-2017 school year. Paid employees must have an undergraduate degree.
Contact volunteer at gecrc.com to sign up now.