Become a Volunteer
AboutVolunteer tutors are matched with one of our wonderful K-8 children, according to their skills or interests. Together they work on homework, literacy or math for one hour each week. Tutoring takes place Monday – Thursday from 3:30-4:40 for the junior high program and from 4:30-5:30 for the elementary program. You choose the day that works best for you.
EligibilityWe welcome and actively seek adults and mature teens to help tutor children during the after-school and summer programs. Regular commitments from volunteers are needed whether it is once a month, every day or something between those options. View all current volunteer opportunities.
- Fill out an application
- Attend an orientation, view scheduled orientations
- Read the volunteer handbook and sign a volunteer letter of agreement
- Complete a liability waiver form
- Complete a DCFS background check
- Complete a criminal background check (18+)
- Important: Minimum volunteer age 13 to be a classroom helper and age 15 to be a volunteer tutor
Dana Wleklinski, Director of Program and Volunteers
For questions about the elementary and junior high after school program or to volunteer, contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 630-479-9919