GECRC Summer Program begins on Tuesday, June 16th. Students from D41 and CCSD89 schools have registered and GECRC is ready and excited to kick off a summer of academic enrichment and social support!
Volunteers are at the heart of GECRC's mission! You bring a depth of care, experience, and enthusiasm to our after school programs. GECRC wouldn’t be the same without you. Unfortunately, due to the Illinois safety protocols currently in place, this summer a limited roster of volunteer tutors will participate in the virtual format of this year’s Summer Program. For those interested in volunteer tutoring at GECRC this fall, please complete the volunteer application here. Returning volunteers, please complete the returning volunteer questionnaire here. We will reach out to you to discuss fall opportunities, especially at our new site at Glen Crest Middle School!
Become a Volunteer
AboutVolunteer tutors are matched with one of our wonderful K-8 children, according to their skills or interests. Together they work on homework, literacy or math for one hour each week. Tutoring takes place Monday – Thursday from 3:30-4:40 for the junior high program and from 4:30-5:30 for the elementary program. You choose the day that works best for you.
EligibilityWe welcome and actively seek adults and mature teens to help tutor children during the after-school and summer programs. Regular commitments from volunteers are needed whether it is once a month, every day or something between those options. View all current volunteer opportunities.
- Returning volunteers, complete this questionnaire
- New volunteers, fill out an application
- Attend an orientation, view scheduled orientations
- Read the volunteer handbook and sign a volunteer letter of agreement
- Complete a liability waiver form
- Complete a DCFS background check (18+)
- Complete a criminal background check (requires signature of parent or guardian if under 18)
- Important: Must be at minimum high school aged to be a volunteer tutor
For questions about volunteering at the elementary and junior high after school programs, contact:
email@example.com | 630-899-9919