District 89 ExpansionJanuary 14, 2020
Recursos de Apoyos en AlimentosMarch 27, 2020
The list below includes information from current food pantry and organizational websites. Please call the numbers listed for each site for more information. GECRC families in need of additional assistance, contact Jackie Reeves at GECRC (Churchill/Hadley) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-479-9919 (Churchill/Hadley; or Lauren Mayerhoff (Lincoln) at email@example.com.
breakfast/lunch pick-up for students receiving Free/Reduced Lunch
- Monday, March 30th, 10:00 am-12:00 pm
- Hadley Jr. High – 240 Hawthorne Blvd., Glen Ellyn
- Drive up/ pick up at main entrance
- School District 41 is
providing meals for students who receive free or reduced lunch. Updates for pick up times, locations and
dates will be shared by the school district to participating families via
email, please check your email regularly for this important information.
Daily meal pick up provided by
Northern IL Food Bank and YMCA
parking lot at Jefferson Middle school- 255 W. Vermont Street, Villa Park, IL 60181
- 4-7 pm
- If you do
not have your child/children with you, please bring a copy of report card or
birth certificate for each child at home.
Milton Township https://miltontownship.net/foodpantry
- Milton Township Food Pantry located at: 1492 N Main Street, Wheaton, IL 60187
- Open Pantry Every Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Arrive no later than 10:45 a.m. to guarantee service.based on family size. Clients may get food from open pantry or regular pantry once per calendar month.
- By Appointment Only, Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- The Pantry is open with an appointment during this time. Same-day service is not guaranteed. The Food Pantry is available to qualified individuals living in Milton Township. Caseworkers and volunteers gather non-perishables for clients based on family size. Clients may get food from open pantry or regular pantry twice per calendar month.
Glen Ellyn Food Pantry https://www.glenellynfoodpantry.org/
- inside Grace
Lutheran Church at 493 Forest
Ave. Glen Ellyn, IL, on the Southeast corner of Pennsylvania Ave. and Forest
hours- Mon-Thurs. 1:00-2:40 pm; Tues.5-6:30
- Walk-in hours- Mon-Thurs
11:30-12:30; Tues. 5:30-6:30
- You will Need: Identification such as a driver’s license,
photo I.D., or green card;and a recent piece of mail such as an electric bill
or phone bill showing your current address
People’s Resource Center http://peoplesrc.org/
- (630) 682-5402
- During this time, PRC is open only during our food pantry shifts to provide our DuPage neighbors with emergency food and financial assistance. All other services are closed, and our buildings remain closed to the public.
- Providing pre-packaged food to parked cars. There will be no personal shopping during the coronavirus outbreak in order to minimize the risk of contact and to service people as quickly as possible. Our temporary food pantry shifts are:
- Pantry Hours and Locations:
- Wheaton – 201 S. Naperville Rd. , Wheaton, IL 60187
- Tuesday mornings, 8:30am-11:15am
- Wednesday evenings, 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Saturday mornings, 9:00am- 11:45am
- Westmont- 104 Chestnut, Westmont, IL 60559
- Tuesday mornings, 8:30am -11:15am
- Thursday evenings, 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- Saturday mornings, 8:30am – 11:15am
- hours are subject to change based on CDC and government recommendations, so please check our website for updates at (www.peoplesrc.org) or call our automated attendant (630-682-5402) for current hours.
Neighborhood Food Pantries
- Locations and Hours:
- Family in Faith Christian Church,
- 1840 Bloomingdale Rd. Glendale
- Sat., March 28, 9:00-12:00
- Sat., April11, 9:00-12:00
- Sat., April 25, 9:00-12:00
- Lutheran Church of the Master,
- 580 N. Kuhn Rd., Carol Stream
- Tues, Weds., Thurs., 10:00-1:00
- St. Andrew United Methodist
- 250 N. Gary Ave., Carol Stream